Friday, November 07, 2008

Pom-Pom Media

I assumed when I first encountered the Chris Matthews "leg tingle" that I was reading about a woman. I was wrong about that too. I'm the same guy who first thought Obama was a guy too old to skateboard and too cool to live in a Winnebago who figured he'd run for president for something to do. I'm right about the latter, but I didn't think anyone would actually vote for him.

This is what we get: Half the population of the country are agog over pretty-boy metro-sexual Barka Osama who mouths pretty platitudes and is "sincere." He's also, and very importantly, "Black." For those whose personal identity isn't interior, whose core is hollow, this guy Obama is dandy, all the coolest high-points on the cool check-list. This is the guy, think like you're standing in the quad hitting on some girl who isn't so sure about you, when suddenly comes by this guy Obama and he says, "Hi, good to see you." Well, if you're not in bed by 9:00, time to go home, dude.

Rick Moran, "Chris Matthews' leg tingle goes to his head," American Thinker. 07 Nov. 2008

[....]

Chris Matthews loves Obama so much, he wants to be his slave. Mark Finklestein of Newsbusters with a transcript of Matthews appearance on "Morning Joe:"



CHRIS MATTHEWS: Yeah, well, you know what? I want to do everything I can to make this thing work, this new presidency work, and I think that --

JOE SCARBOROUGH: Is that your job? You just talked about being a journalist!

MATTHEWS: Yeah, it is my job. My job is to help this country.

Matthews wasn't done with his odd new job description . . . An incredulous Scarborough kept pressing, astonished at such a complete 180 from Matthews's repeated insistence during the Bush presidency that he had to hold the government accountable.

SCARBOROUGH: Your job is the make this presidency work?

MATTHEWS: To make this work successfully. This country needs a successful presidency.

[....]

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/11/chris_matthews_leg_tingle_goes.html

I'm not the kind of guy who'd get too upset if the towel-boys came out to work as cheer-leaders at the college football game. They could prance around and wag their butts and do stuff and so on, and I could live with it. But when that's the media, not so cool for me.

My thanks for this and many other stories from American Thinker that I really would never have picked up on my own. Bish - Boom - Oh Bomba!

No comments: